Continue on West Main St. past the Odd Fellows Building, circa 1895 that uses sandstone, brick and terra cotta creating a look reminiscent of villas on the canals of Venice and the imposing Immaculate Conception Church built in 1928.
Moving along, the Elton at number thirty was once a grand hotel whose design was inspired by classical France. It was here on the balcony that John F. Kennedy made his last campaign speech in 1960.
At the end of Green take a right on North Main St. The elegant Bronze Horse Fountain that served as a drinking trough for horses was erected in 1888 as a simple memorial to Caroline Welton, a lover of animals. The statue depicts Knight, Caroline's favorite horse.