Leaving Thomaston, continue on Rte. 6 east to Plymouth, incorporated in 1795. Plymouth was where Eli Terry developed his famous clocks that revolutionized the clock industry worldwide because of the development of interchangeable parts and mass production techniques.
The focal point of the Plymouth Center Historic District on Rte. 6 is the Plymouth Green with its classic Congregational Church built in 1838. The Church houses the only Eli Terry wooden works tower clock in the world.