At the junction of Rte. 209 and Rte. 109, take Rte. 109 east to the center of Morris. This bucolic community was named after James Morris, a Revolutionary War hero and founder of the Morris Academy in 1790 that accepted girls as well as boys.
At the junction of Rte. 109 and Rte. 61, turn right on Rte. 61 south to visit The Morris Historical Society Museum located in the "Old Town Hall." The Museum displays collections of antique kitchenware, farm tools, general store merchandise, military memorabilia, and the Finch Bottle Collection.A completely restored one-room schoolhouse built in 1772 is located next to the museum.